PJR
Topics answered: 13

Re: Cura print settings

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:26 am

Hi Jaime

Thank you for taking the time join this forum and for your response.

It is great to hear that you are finding some time to look at issues with other printers and that time is well appreciated by many Prusa "original" users.

I think your reply may have persuaded me to have another look at the latest version of Cura (still on 15.04.6) to see how it performs.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

jaime.v

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:53 pm

PJR wrote: I think your reply may have persuaded me to have another look at the latest version of Cura (still on 15.04.6) to see how it performs.
Glad to hear this!

On a different note; Most of the differences between legacy (15.04) and new Cura (2.x) have been made to make it much easier to contribute. Old Cura only had hard coded machines, hardly any way to add functionality by means of plugins and hardcoded visual elements.

For those of you that are interested in Cura development in general, we also have an IRC hanel (#cura-dev) on freenode.

josefprusa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Topics answered: 1

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:04 pm

jaime.v wrote: For those of you that are interested in Cura development ...
Hi Jaime! It is awesome to see you in here!
I noticed the MK2 support is merged. I cannot test it now as I am travelling but with this most of this topic is not needed anymore!

Can I somehow link to the beta release directly? I would do so from the driver page and I don't want people accidentally downloading the 2.1.X which unfortunately didn't play well with MK2.

I edited the initial post original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/cura-print-se ... html#p7452 to add more info. Exciting news! Thank you all guys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Founder and owner / Majitel a zakladatel
josef@prusa3d.com

jaime.v

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 am

josefprusa wrote:
jaime.v wrote: Can I somehow link to the beta release directly? I would do so from the driver page and I don't want people accidentally downloading the 2.1.X which unfortunately didn't play well with MK2.
I don't know if that's possible. It shouldn't matter al that much though, as I expect that we will release the 2.3 final very soon. We still need to wait for the translations to be done.

pieter.b

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 am

I've been doing a few prints with cura 2.3 beta. It works very well.

Has anyone else noticed that both the zigzag and grid supports that Cura generates are hard to remove? I've used cura 2.1.3 before with an ultimaker 2+, and with that machine with the default settings the supports would just snap off easily. Here it requires a lot of force and time.

I'll try experimenting with the support Z distance tonight, see if i can improve it.

matteo.s2

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:34 am

I find Cura generates very nice paths with minimal effort, what I really can't find is an option to start layer in a random position to reduce seam lines. Is that even possible? That is a huge let down for me.

jaime.v

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:48 pm

matteo.s2 wrote:I find Cura generates very nice paths with minimal effort, what I really can't find is an option to start layer in a random position to reduce seam lines. Is that even possible? That is a huge let down for me.
It's called "Z Seam Alignment". Not sure if it was already in 2.1, but it's definitely in 2.3 (which will be released in two days)

matteo.s2

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:35 pm

jaime.v wrote:It's called "Z Seam Alignment". Not sure if it was already in 2.1, but it's definitely in 2.3 (which will be released in two days)
thanks jaime! the option is definitely there in beta 2.3!

Oxgon

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Hum can't seem to download 2.3, I click beta link and the file I download is beta file, but when I install it's the 2.1 confused. :?:

jaime.v

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 pm

justin.b wrote:Hum can't seem to download 2.3, I click beta link and the file I download is beta file, but when I install it's the 2.1 confused. :?:
We did a boo-boo in our buildscript there. It says something like 2.1.99, but it should be 2.3.0-beta.

The 2.3.0 will be released today (pending the release of the UM3)

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”