Oxgon

Re: Cura print settings

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:22 pm

jaime.v wrote:
justin.b wrote:Hum can't seem to download 2.3, I click beta link and the file I download is beta file, but when I install it's the 2.1 confused. :?:
We did a boo-boo in our buildscript there. It says something like 2.1.99, but it should be 2.3.0-beta.

The 2.3.0 will be released today (pending the release of the UM3)
I thought it looked like the new interface, thanks for the post, and thanks for making amazing software.
Real excited about the new version!

thomas.c4

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:05 pm

The MK2 handbook section 7.2.5 (Dated 8 Aug.) shows layer heights at .1 mm for detail, .20 mm for normal and .35 mm for fast. The settings in Cura are .06, .1, and .15 respectively.

I understand it is easy to change it, but the settings in the book are assuming that I am using slic3r so before I changed anything, I wanted to check to see that this was not a difference that is wanted by Cura. Obviously this makes quite a difference in build time.
Tom Cole

matteo.s2

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:18 am

thomas.c4 wrote:The MK2 handbook section 7.2.5 (Dated 8 Aug.) shows layer heights at .1 mm for detail, .20 mm for normal and .35 mm for fast. The settings in Cura are .06, .1, and .15 respectively.

I understand it is easy to change it, but the settings in the book are assuming that I am using slic3r so before I changed anything, I wanted to check to see that this was not a difference that is wanted by Cura. Obviously this makes quite a difference in build time.
I'm no expert but I believe the following is how it works:

Slic3r 0.05 detail = Cura 0.06 High quality
Slic3r 0.1 detail = Cura 0.1 normal quality
Slic3r 0.2 normal = Cura 0.15 low quality
Slic3r 0.35 fast = no Cura counterpart

You can create a custom profile in Cura and change the settings to reflect Slic3r's. I bet you'd need some trial and error though to find a satisfactory result.

marco.p

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm

The settings in https://github.com/Apsu/cura-i3-mk2/tree/master/quality are good.
...but I cannot find a way of importing these quality profiles in Cura 2.3.1.
Does anyone succeeded in this?

rey.w2

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:11 am

Anyone willing to share their Cura 2.3.0 settings for Prusa i3 MK2?

marco.p

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:59 am

I opened an issue on Cura on quality profiles with the new version: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/1102

murathan.a

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Does anyone knows how to import .ini file to Mac OSX Cura?

valent.t

Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 pm

I installed Ultimaker Cura 2.3.1 but I don't have any materials listed when I choose Prusa i3 Mk2 as machine, but if I switch to Ultimaker machine I see list of materials.

I tried exporting material profile on WIndows and loading them on my Linux machine, but it is the same issue.

When I openned xml file with text editor I saw that material has list of machines it can be printed on, and of course, Prusa i3 Mk2 is not listed there.

I tried editing over of Ultimaker machines and putting Prusa i3 Mk2 istead but that for some strange reason also didn't work.

Can anyone please share his list of materials from Cura 2.3 so I can import them?

Also it would be great if there material profile files would be listed as optional download on Prusa support download page.

matteo.s2

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am

valent.t wrote:Also it would be great if there material profile files would be listed as optional download on Prusa support download page.
download the materials from here https://github.com/Ultimaker/fdm_materials and copy them to cura install directory, in my case /usr/share/cura/resources/materials

valent.t

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:23 pm

matteo.s2 wrote:
valent.t wrote:Also it would be great if there material profile files would be listed as optional download on Prusa support download page.
download the materials from here https://github.com/Ultimaker/fdm_materials and copy them to cura install directory, in my case /usr/share/cura/resources/materials
But please open any of these materials in text editor, or take a look directly online:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ultim ... m_material

Do you see only Ultimaker machines listed inside?

On Linux Cura 2.3.1 version shows only materials for machines that are listed inside... Which version of Cura are you using?

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”