valent.t

Re: Cura print settings

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Please check out screenshots so there is no confusion: http://imgur.com/a/IWCzW

As you can see only when I switch machine to Ultimaker then materials are listed.

PJR
Topics answered: 13

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:20 pm

I don't use Cura V2 for various reasons, but is it difficult to add material profiles yourself?

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

valent.t

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 am

PJR wrote:I don't use Cura V2 for various reasons, but is it difficult to add material profiles yourself?

Peter
I tried just changing "Ultimaker" to "Prusa i3 Mk2" in Machine, but it doesn't work, so it is not hard if you know what you are doing, but I have no idea what I'm doing and just changing machine doesn't work.

So, how to get attention of Prusa and Ultimaker regarding this REALLY MAYOR issue?

matteo.s2

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm

valent.t wrote:Please check out screenshots so there is no confusion: http://imgur.com/a/IWCzW

As you can see only when I switch machine to Ultimaker then materials are listed.
this is how it looks for me

jordan.c

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:53 pm

ehh

Unless Josef Prusa himself wrote the machine profile.. and the material profiles... i ain't using cura. I don't trust the startup / teardown gcode signatures. No way. Run your hot head into your bed.

PJR
Topics answered: 13

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:32 am

When I start printing, there were no profiles, except those which I wrote for myself.

And I haven't found many models which print best using the "default profiles".

Every printer is different, working in different environments and using different filaments. How can a "default profile" produce a great print?

The only way to do that is to learn (mainly by trial and error) and create/amend/tweak profiles so that you you get printed what you want to print.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

mavu

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Has anyone here tried the Cura 2.4 BETA?

I'm about to, but slightly afraid :P

So far I noticed that the start GCODE has the extruder home first, and then heat up, which leads to it sitting right on the bed for the 2-3 minutes it takes to get up to temp.
Didn't like that, but was easy to change.

Does anyone else have any experience with it?

m.j.w..v

Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Huray! I now have access to the forum too! :D

I was trying Cura (V2.3.1) because Slic3r made a mess of placing supports (supports starting in mid-air? :shock: ). The supports Cura calculated seemed better than Slic3r. But is it only my impression that I have to crank up the extrusion flowrate to get the same adhesion as with Slic3r? After printing a thin cylindrical shape with a wall thickness of 0.5, I could tear the inner wall of the outer wall; the outer and inner wall didn't fuse together. At 110% flowrate I have the feeling it now extrudes correctly.

matteo.s2

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:13 pm

I also noticed various differences between slic3r, cura and S3d, not just in the extrusion flow. So yeah, I'm not at all surprised, but also check your Z level.

terry.g

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:47 am

Any one tried Curu 2.5 yet?

Will the same settings work?

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”