I Ordered mine on the 4th of may, and i followed your steps with different order
1. Watched every 3D printing video I could find.
2 . Order Wanhao i3 Plus (same day Shipping localy) - Wife is pissed!!!!
3. Started collecting items from thingiverse, myminifactory, etc...
4. Started printing and failing and getting pissed and learning
4. Learned Fusion 360 and have created roughly 10 designs to fix things around the house.
5. Learned how to use MeshMixer
6. Learned how to use Slic3r, Cura, Simplify3D
7. Watched build videos and read through the manual.
8 . Order Original Prusa i3 - Wife is realy pissed now!!!!
9. Been printing, learning, and modding the i3 Plus for about 2 weeks.
10. i went through roughly 10 spools of filament and ordered 20 more.
11. buying 3 IKEA Lack tables tomorrow
and still the wait is killing me.
12. watched upgrade videos till i cant watch no more
13. order parts to upgrade the Wanhao i3 plus.(every thing, main board, buildplate, proximity sensor, i am keeping the nema's for now).
14. thinking of building my own now Prusa hurry up or i will be put in an asylum.