gert.l
Topics answered: 3

Re: Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2(S) & MK1

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 am

Its removed.
http://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/

Changes in 3.0.12 final:

MM: fixed bug with active beeper during filament loading
M500 gcode now doesn’t store Esteps value to EEPROM preventing weird behaviour when upgrading MK2 to MK2 MM

Maybe it can be put in the start gcode instead.
---
Gert

markus.v

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:36 pm

I had a problem with 3.0.12
After "pause printing" I try to resume printing, but nothing happen.
I realized after resume, target temperature was set to 0. State was heating (for hours) but printing has not continue.
For me it looks like a firmware bug....

aaron.s5
Topics answered: 15

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:57 pm

markus.v wrote:
I realized after resume, target temperature was set to 0. State was heating (for hours) but printing has not continue.
Marcus,

Was this a pause from the front panel, or from OctoPrint? OctoPrint has a very short (10 sec) timeout set, and if it does not get a response from the printer (e.g. it is paused) it stops everything. Increasing that timeout will allow you more time to do whatever you were intending to do.
Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

If you solve your problem, please post the solution for others.

markus.v

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 pm

aaron.s5 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:57 pm
markus.v wrote:
Marcus,

Was this a pause from the front panel, or from OctoPrint? OctoPrint has a very short (10 sec) timeout set, and if it does not get a response from the printer (e.g. it is paused) it stops everything. Increasing that timeout will allow you more time to do whatever you were intending to do.
Paused by front panel, i tryed several times, sometime it works, sometime not....
I don't know what's the problem is, but target temperature for the nozzle = 0 looks strange....

andy.v

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Posting here because it seems it may be related to an earlier post.

I am trying printing with ABS for the first time so decided to upgrade to 3.0.12 but now have a really odd problem with Z offset. If I print a part (sliced in S3D) then I can dial in a Live Z offset of say -0.400 and get an OK print. However, when I print it again I now have to dial another -0.400 into the Z offset (so it is now at -0.800). It looks like the Z offset in firmware is perhaps getting cleared for some reason but the display is still showing the offset. What makes this odd is dialling in the extra 0.400 only has the expected effect and doesn't bury the hot end into the bed by moving the displayed -0.800.

In understanding this, it doesnt really help that the firmware (presumably) is stopping Pronterface setting a negative Z offset so I can really only use Z Live to approach this.

I am on the point of going back the .10 firmware since this has given me many hours of repeatable results, but I a keen to hear any thoughts

Thanks

Andy

ido.d

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 pm

andy.v wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Posting here because it seems it may be related to an earlier post.

I am trying printing with ABS for the first time so decided to upgrade to 3.0.12 but now have a really odd problem with Z offset. If I print a part (sliced in S3D) then I can dial in a Live Z offset of say -0.400 and get an OK print. However, when I print it again I now have to dial another -0.400 into the Z offset (so it is now at -0.800). It looks like the Z offset in firmware is perhaps getting cleared for some reason but the display is still showing the offset. What makes this odd is dialling in the extra 0.400 only has the expected effect and doesn't bury the hot end into the bed by moving the displayed -0.800.

In understanding this, it doesnt really help that the firmware (presumably) is stopping Pronterface setting a negative Z offset so I can really only use Z Live to approach this.

I am on the point of going back the .10 firmware since this has given me many hours of repeatable results, but I a keen to hear any thoughts

Thanks

Andy
This is probably something else, heat influences the PINDA probe. I am guessing when you're printing the second time the nozzle is right above the bed at its home position. waiting for the print job to start. The bed heated the pinda probe so you need to adjust the Z value.
Try moving the nozzle at z=70 after each print (I added this to my slicer to add), your live Z adjust should be the same for each print now.

jakub.d

Re: Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2/S & MK1

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

This version is superseded by FW 3.0.12 FINAL, please see original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/firmware-3-0- ... t5858.html

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”