jeff.j2

Re: ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK2S RELEASE (UPDATED)

Fri May 19, 2017 4:25 am

I'm printing my parts in PETG and need to know what parts have changed from the stock MK2. From what I've read it seem they changed: extruder body, x-carriage, and the Y-distance.

What about the Rambo changed (Door and Base) as I'm not sure what to print on this one

Are there any other parts I'm missing?

Alomamabobo

Sun May 21, 2017 1:11 pm

@jeff.j2: Rambo door didn't change :)

Good day.
Prusa i3 MK2 firmware 3.0.11.

Sarf2k4

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 am

the upgrade kit just came today, was thinking that I should print all of the mk2s parts and convert fully to mk2s instead of partial. I know this has been questioned before, any recommended print parameters?

mine currently is:
- perimeters 3
- top/bottom 3
- infill type cubic
- infill 20%

Was thinking of turning on brim to improve adhesion so the parts come out perfect

The supplied filament is 100g of ABS-T. I never handled such thing

christopher.d3

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Ok, I'm incompetant - I ruined four of the linear bearings. Where can I get some high quality replacements? I'm not sure how to evaluate available units.

PJR
Topics answered: 13

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:37 pm

christopher.d3 wrote:Where can I get some high quality replacements? I'm not sure how to evaluate available units.
For the most part, I think it's just pot luck. Yes, you can pay a lot of money and get them from a known manufacturer (eg Misumi), but I am not convinced that is good value for money.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

Sarf2k4

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:22 am

Just upgraded mine to mk2s, gotta say that the upgrade made an impact to the resonance of the frames

carl.b2

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I am in the process of installing the MK2S upgrade. As instructed, I printed the gcode parts. I could not get the ABS that Prusa shipped with the kit to stick to the bed. I had a spool of ABS (Manufacturer Unknown) and use it to print the parts. During assembly I had real problems with the Extruder part I printed. All of the holes were too small. I had to really work to get the square nuts into the hole slots. The PINDA would not fit in the hole. With reluctance, I drilled out the mounting hole so I could get it in. I could not tell but I hope I did not drill it so much that it was past the wall thickness of the hole. Apparently the ABS I have has greater shrinkage than the Prusa ABS. :?:

I did not have any PET Filament to print the PET gcode files and had no way of knowing what they were. While routing the cable I discovered it was asking for the cable holders. I was able to go the the MK2S parts list and figure out what they were. I have another printer ( a CR-10) and printed the cable holders using PLA. I am now ready to finish the assembly.

I wish Prusa would have included the ABS parts in the kit.

michael.e3

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 pm

So this mentions upgrading your smooth rods, but after searching the forums I can't find a recommendation for them, I already bought the U-Bolts separate since I already printed the printable parts, and I was buying a new bed anyways, but they don't have them on their store and I can't find a specific spec for them or a part #.

Does anyone have a link for what they got, and how are they working?

Much appreciated :D

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”