lee.f
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm

harry.g2 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am
lee.f wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am
Just fitted some RJ4JP-01-08 igus bearings to my mk2s and now circles come out oval. Any ideas why? Belts and pulleys seems tight.
Igus bearings are less forgiving than the metal bearings, Y-axis rods must be perfectly parallel and the bearing cannot be over-tightened. But, if they are installed properly, they make the printer very quiet.
Thanks. I have a feeling it's due to the x-axis. Y runs very smooth

cory.w
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:21 pm
Topics answered: 1
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 pm

harry.g2 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am
lee.f wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am
Just fitted some RJ4JP-01-08 igus bearings to my mk2s and now circles come out oval. Any ideas why? Belts and pulleys seems tight.
Igus bearings are less forgiving than the metal bearings, Y-axis rods must be perfectly parallel and the bearing cannot be over-tightened. But, if they are installed properly, they make the printer very quiet.
I just installed these myself. Definitely noticed over tightening makes them worse. What did you use? I did zipties and Mk2s U brackets. Just felt repeatedly tested them throughout tightening process. My rods are slightly scratched from old metal bearings so that may be an issue as well.

lee.f
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 pm

cory.w wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 pm
harry.g2 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am
lee.f wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am
Just fitted some RJ4JP-01-08 igus bearings to my mk2s and now circles come out oval. Any ideas why? Belts and pulleys seems tight.
Igus bearings are less forgiving than the metal bearings, Y-axis rods must be perfectly parallel and the bearing cannot be over-tightened. But, if they are installed properly, they make the printer very quiet.
I just installed these myself. Definitely noticed over tightening makes them worse. What did you use? I did zipties and Mk2s U brackets. Just felt repeatedly tested them throughout tightening process. My rods are slightly scratched from old metal bearings so that may be an issue as well.
I used zip ties for the x carriage and these for the bed https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1848700

cory.w
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:21 pm
Topics answered: 1
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Anyone have recommendations for rods with the igus RJ4JP bearings? The stock ones seem to work but I think they are scratched from old bearings. Igus sells them on website but its more of a pain since im in the US.

harry.g2
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 pm

[/quote]

Thanks. I have a feeling it's due to the x-axis. Y runs very smooth
[/quote]

I use this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1846705 for the x-axis and use zip ties just to the point that they don't move. Do not tighten them up or they will definitely bind. You can add a little light oil the rods.

harry.g2
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 pm

cory.w wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm
Anyone have recommendations for rods with the igus RJ4JP bearings? The stock ones seem to work but I think they are scratched from old bearings. Igus sells them on website but its more of a pain since im in the US.
Lots of users including myself get them from Misumi, PSFG8-370, https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/1 ... =PSFG8-370

User avatar
Padnik
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

matteo.s2 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 am
Kaizers wrote:Although they will not fit in the X or Z carriages, I believe it will be fine for the Y bed frame.
I have to correct you on this. My prusa runs on RJZM-01-08 on both X and Y carriages without a glitch and without modifications.

Image

Image

Sorry to bring up the post again, but as the MK2S has U-Bolts to hold the bearings, do the RJZM-01-08 also fit? Its only 1mm difference against the normal RJ4JP-01-08 Bearings, but i am not sure if the RJZM will fit.

User avatar
stephanpark
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Contact: Send private message Website

Re: Replacement bearings recommendation

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 am

I am running RJZM-01-08 for bed bearings. The U-thing has a radius of 16mm so it is a tight fit but works fine as I accidentally bought these. I would however not recommended the 01s as you will loose 3mm vertical build. Instead, the right bearing as recommended by IGUS is RJZM-02-08 which is a drop-in replacement for stock LM8UU linear bearings that came with the the MK2 and MK2S.

Specs for your enjoyment.
Stock LM8UU ID 8mm, OD 15mm, Length 24 mm
Image
Image

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests