Xray965

Re: Simplify3D print settings (August 30, 2016)

Sat May 27, 2017 12:16 am

Quick question .... working on getting rid the of the print start area with coasting and or setting the X/Y somewhere else, here are the images with my FFF for S3D.

Marvin with the zig zag line is printed with a coasting set on 0.20 increasing it wont make it better a predefined x/y start end point.

Marvin with the straight line is printed with coasting 0.00 basically off, yielded a better overall result with a better placed x/y co-ordinate.

In comparing both marvins with coasting off it resulted with a better result.

My question is is there any possible work around to have that line disappear.

Both marvins printed on a Normal setting 0.2
Prusa i3 MK2s - Kit Build - Rc Driver - Tweak freak...

Xray965

Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

Gortosch wrote:Here the other images.
Other.jpg
20170420_102253.jpg
magnifier_20170423_143232.jpg

Read this article, I managed to get it down to really low, on 0.2 as per my post above, but cant get rid of it completely... @Gortosch

Xray965

Sat May 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Playing around a little more with my FFF profile, going through some of Philips and my setup and that of Joseph, this is the final profile I came up with.

Images of the 3d benchy, though I chose the wrong x/y positioning. I think the print quality is at it's optimal stage for 0.2

Any feedback from anyone to improve on it am all ears.

Thank you

My profile
Xray965 Final.zip
(3.26 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Note: I have a Gcode script with a 9 point calibration variable that you may need to remove and add your numbers instead to compensate for the 9 point inaccuracy on the bed.

Also I dont like having very high print speeds, it just induces more resonance on the print machine, and more wear and tear overall on the machine, the print speeds on the machine have not been touched and are based on the original Prusa Profile from JP.

philip.c3

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:47 pm

I am using these settings provided on the drivers page for for the MK2 and the g code being produced is missing the M106 command to turn on the cooling fan.

If I change the print settings to the pre-built Prusa i3 profile provided by the Simplify3D software, the command is present and the fan is turning on when it's supposed to. The only problem with using this profile is that the build plate is smaller than the one provided by Prusa.

Is anyone else having this problem?

wirlybird

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:26 am

I had the same issue. I did a reset on S3D and it was then fine.

lee.f

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:55 pm

philip.c3 wrote:I am using these settings provided on the drivers page for for the MK2 and the g code being produced is missing the M106 command to turn on the cooling fan.

If I change the print settings to the pre-built Prusa i3 profile provided by the Simplify3D software, the command is present and the fan is turning on when it's supposed to. The only problem with using this profile is that the build plate is smaller than the one provided by Prusa.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Make sure your gcode flavour is set to reprap (g-code tab). I had this issue as I run several printers in s3d

john.g9

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:21 am

Has there been any update on these settings since August of 2016?

coolRR

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 am

Hi everyone,

I've used "Original Prusa i3 MK2 RC4.fff" today to make a print in Simplify3D with my Prusa i3 MK2S, and I got the following pasta:

This didn't happen when I used the default profile that came with Simplify3D, or when using Cura or Slic3r.

Any idea what went wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Ram.

courtney.b

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Xray965 wrote:Playing around a little more with my FFF profile, going through some of Philips and my setup and that of Joseph, this is the final profile I came up with.

Images of the 3d benchy, though I chose the wrong x/y positioning. I think the print quality is at it's optimal stage for 0.2

Any feedback from anyone to improve on it am all ears.

Thank you

My profile Xray965 Final.zip

Note: I have a Gcode script with a 9 point calibration variable that you may need to remove and add your numbers instead to compensate for the 9 point inaccuracy on the bed.

Also I dont like having very high print speeds, it just induces more resonance on the print machine, and more wear and tear overall on the machine, the print speeds on the machine have not been touched and are based on the original Prusa Profile from JP.
Regarding your resonance issue, I noticed amazing improvements in resonance artifacts by simply replacing my smooth Y-Idler with a HIGH QUALITY ( very important...) Toothed idler. people debate this all the time. but in my experience atleast, it helped quite a bit.

lee.f

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Regarding your resonance issue, I noticed amazing improvements in resonance artifacts by simply replacing my smooth Y-Idler with a HIGH QUALITY ( very important...) Toothed idler. people debate this all the time. but in my experience atleast, it helped quite a bit.[/quote]

Have a link to buy one?

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2”