dat1darkrai

Crash detected.. resumed with a layer shift.

Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

As the topic title mentions, i had a crash detetction and the printer went to go and resume the print like it should
So that i know works

But when it resumed, it had resumed with a major layer shift and couldn't print where it had left off.

Has this happened to anyone before and what could it have been? there was nothing in the way of the printer.
Semi-newbie into 3d printing to make my prop making life easier as well as to use 3d printing for engineering.

Dibujor

Re: Crash detected.. resumed with a layer shift.

Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 am

Was that on the Y axis? If so I've seen a lot of people with that problem (myself included). Take a look at this thread

I deactivated crash detection until that's resolved

dat1darkrai

Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Dibujor wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 am
Was that on the Y axis? If so I've seen a lot of people with that problem (myself included). Take a look at this thread

I deactivated crash detection until that's resolved
It just so happens it was. I re calibrated from the very beginning and it seems to have not had a problem. Should i just deactivate the detection to avoid such issue?
Semi-newbie into 3d printing to make my prop making life easier as well as to use 3d printing for engineering.

Dibujor

Sat May 19, 2018 8:10 am

I did it and have not had an error since. I prefer to keep it deactivated until it's debugged and fixed. If you don't launch really long prints I don't think the crash detection is essential (even if you do in it's current state it's gonna launch lots of errors (last time 6 fake y axis errors on a 2 hour print for me) .

Of course it could be a real problem and it's been just a coincidence , check the belts tension, and screws and try some prints. If you have the "bug" it's gonna keep giving you y axis errors so at least you'll know you can deactivate it and it'll work.

mike.m9

Sat May 19, 2018 5:57 pm

i had this same issue on my first print using the 3.2.1 firmware last night. i did a xyz calibration and first layer calibration and have not had it since. my longest print though has only been 30 minutes. albeit, it happened in the first 2 min after the firmware update. i also had a nasty filament jam while trying to unload. if either of these things happen again, i'll be rolling back to 3.2.0.

Return to “Assembly and first prints troubleshooting”