nathan.b20
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm
Answers: 1
Contact: Send private message

Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 11:55 am

I've not been printing for a while so haven't been actively following the seemingly endless saga of the Prusa Powder Coated PEI steel sheet for the past few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has even started receiving their vouchers following last years Prusa Research choices email?

The situation surrounding these almost mythical printing sheets has unfortunately gone beyond a joke. I'm sure Prusa wish they'd never marketed the Powder Coated sheets and I can understand how challenging supplying them has been, but I also recognise that they did market them, then promised to fulfil them within numerous expanding time-scales before happily supplying them to new buyers of MK3 printers for a time mid last year (which I feel was very naughty considering how many prior customers were still waiting to receive one).

Even if there's little to report I'm disappointed that Prusa is mostly leaving its customers in the dark. In this scenario silence definitely isn't golden and it would be helpful to know if any of the vouchers that MK3 owners elected to receive (in order to allow them the opportunity to purchase a Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet) have been sent out and received.


Has anybody received their voucher and used it to purchase a fabled Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet yet? Or can anybody go one better and confirm that, having used their voucher, they've actually received their P.C. PEI Sheet?!


Personally I'm yet to receive the voucher that I chose in mid December last year. I know the email suggested it could take a while to fulfil orders but it would still be nice to receive updates, and I've not received any information or heard any positive news at all.

It would be good if Prusa Research could offer some transparency on the subject and keep its customers informed of the current situation (weekly yield compared to number of purchase requests etc) and possibly even each customer's position on the waiting list. A video tour or preview of the Powder Coating facility showing the manufacturing process and detailing why so many fail would be of great interest too and may well make customers feel better considered by, and more sympathetic for, Prusa as well.

I'm still waiting for the voucher even, having purchased my MK3 over a year ago. I feel Prusa Research has really dropped the ball with this one and it'd be great to know more about what's really going on.

User avatar
bobstro
Posts: 1549
Joined: Dec 31, 2017 2:28 am
Answers: 37
Location: New England/NE US
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm

SNAFU
My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Olef
Posts: 494
Joined: Jun 21, 2017 9:31 am
Answers: 3
Location: England
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 1:32 pm

SNAFU indeed. Out of interest I am also still waiting for the opportunity to purchase a PC sheet after making my choice mid December.

ben.t7
Posts: 64
Joined: Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 5:59 pm

I know I have yet to get my voucher and its now past a year since I originally ordered and received my machine. And anytime I try and inquire about it from support I just get the run around with stuff like production issues and all the other normal bull they say but I can't get a straight answer on when or if even my entry to get the voucher was received and I have not seen any mention of a single person actually getting there sheet from that last email blast that went out and I sometimes question there 2 month delay on the MMU 2 orders. All the parts that I have access to in the store seem in stock so I wonder what exactly is causing the delay like it is. I don't know it just feels like as the days goes by I am slowly losing my respect I had for prusa and more frustrated with the lack of communication on everything.

nathan0876
Posts: 225
Joined: Jan 22, 2018 1:32 am
Answers: 2
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 7:18 pm

I came back to the forums after two months to post exactly what you just did OP so i guess i dont have to now, nothing has changed it seems.

Prusa still not delivering over a year after my original order date, this is just insane, never in my life have i purchased something a year ago then had a supplier promise delivery repeatedly only to never meet any said delivery times while at the same time shipping the part im waiting for out with new orders placed almost a year after mine. Its almost inconceivable.

I was mad originally, now i just look back at it and laugh, and know not to order any prusa products moving forward.

User avatar
edward.c6
Posts: 468
Joined: Oct 17, 2017 9:47 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 7:55 pm

nathan0876 wrote:
Feb 04, 2019 7:18 pm
I came back to the forums after two months to post exactly what you just did OP so i guess i dont have to now, nothing has changed it seems.

Prusa still not delivering over a year after my original order date, this is just insane, never in my life have i purchased something a year ago then had a supplier promise delivery repeatedly only to never meet any said delivery times while at the same time shipping the part im waiting for out with new orders placed almost a year after mine. Its almost inconceivable.....
...
You must have never ordered from MakerGeeks... I too am still waiting but have to say I'm not as anxious now but also won't pre order again.

henry.c
Posts: 32
Joined: Jul 09, 2017 5:26 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 8:20 pm

The problem is that they offered the sheets prior to manufacturing them in large numbers , and found problems.
"They told him it couldn't be done.
They said if he tried it he'd rue it.
He tackled that job that couldn't be done.
And couldn't do it." :)

shaun.m3
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm

nathan.b20 wrote:
Feb 04, 2019 11:55 am
I've not been printing for a while so haven't been actively following the seemingly endless saga of the Prusa Powder Coated PEI steel sheet for the past few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has even started receiving their vouchers following last years Prusa Research choices email?

The situation surrounding these almost mythical printing sheets has unfortunately gone beyond a joke. I'm sure Prusa wish they'd never marketed the Powder Coated sheets and I can understand how challenging supplying them has been, but I also recognise that they did market them, then promised to fulfil them within numerous expanding time-scales before happily supplying them to new buyers of MK3 printers for a time mid last year (which I feel was very naughty considering how many prior customers were still waiting to receive one).

Even if there's little to report I'm disappointed that Prusa is mostly leaving its customers in the dark. In this scenario silence definitely isn't golden and it would be helpful to know if any of the vouchers that MK3 owners elected to receive (in order to allow them the opportunity to purchase a Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet) have been sent out and received.


Has anybody received their voucher and used it to purchase a fabled Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet yet? Or can anybody go one better and confirm that, having used their voucher, they've actually received their P.C. PEI Sheet?!


Personally I'm yet to receive the voucher that I chose in mid December last year. I know the email suggested it could take a while to fulfil orders but it would still be nice to receive updates, and I've not received any information or heard any positive news at all.

It would be good if Prusa Research could offer some transparency on the subject and keep its customers informed of the current situation (weekly yield compared to number of purchase requests etc) and possibly even each customer's position on the waiting list. A video tour or preview of the Powder Coating facility showing the manufacturing process and detailing why so many fail would be of great interest too and may well make customers feel better considered by, and more sympathetic for, Prusa as well.

I'm still waiting for the voucher even, having purchased my MK3 over a year ago. I feel Prusa Research has really dropped the ball with this one and it'd be great to know more about what's really going on.
Got my voucher through email, and received the PEI sheet 2 weeks ago no problem at all.

jweaver
Posts: 377
Joined: Jul 07, 2017 3:32 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 9:26 pm

shaun.m3 wrote:
Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Got my voucher through email, and received the PEI sheet 2 weeks ago no problem at all.
To help those of us who are waiting to determine where we are in the queue, care to let us know the date you ordered your MK3?

shaun.m3
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am
Contact: Send private message

Re: Powder Coated PEI Steel Sheet

Feb 04, 2019 9:48 pm

jweaver wrote:
Feb 04, 2019 9:26 pm
shaun.m3 wrote:
Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Got my voucher through email, and received the PEI sheet 2 weeks ago no problem at all.
To help those of us who are waiting to determine where we are in the queue, care to let us know the date you ordered your MK3?
Ordered my MK3 on the 10/30/2017 and got it on the 01/30/2018 and got voucher email on the 14/12/2018 and received PEI steel sheet 2 weeks ago... ;)

Return to “General discussion, announcements and releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests