jesse.p

Upgrading my MK2 to MK2.5S and need help.

Mar 06, 2019 11:17 am

I am about to order my MK2.5S upgrade kit and have some issues with which files to download from the file page. I see that there is a MK2 to MK2S and a MK2S to MK2.5S .

But there is no MK2 to MK2.5S file to download. Do I need to print the 2-2S then the 2S to 2.5S? I would like to get this printed while I wait the 4-5 weeks lead time. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the noob questions but don't want to miss anything when I print out the parts.

joan.t
Forum moderator
Forum moderator
Answers: 70

Re: Upgrading my MK2 to MK2.5S and need help.

Mar 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Mk2s to mk2.5s should do you Jesse...

The mk2 to Mk2s Upgrade was quite minor, Mainly new smooth rods, bearings and Ubolts for the Y bearings.

I didn't bother with it.

Both Mk2 and Mk2s used the old small single sided hobbed gear for filament drive.

Mk2.5 and Mk2.5S both use the |double sided, larger diameter, Bondtech gears. so you can miss the Mk2.5 extruder stage, and go straight to the Mk 2.5S extruder :)

the Mk2.5S extruder is shorter than the Mk2.5 extruder and the mk2.5S uses the newer filament sensor. so potentially in the future the firmware will allow us to use the extra height

regards Joan
I try to make suggestions that I believe to be well founded and safe,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions,
what you do, is YOUR responsibility.

carlton.o

Re: Upgrading my MK2 to MK2.5S and need help.

Mar 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I'm in exactly the same position, except while trying to print the MK2S upgrade parts my printer jammed, which makes me unable to print anything right now. I figure good time to do the upgrade. I'm going to order the MK2.5 to MK2.5S upgrade with the already printed parts. I'm trying to buy the other parts at the same time that I need and am trying to figure out what they are from the store under the plastic parts. I'm using the STL file downloads for each upgrade to see what is needed. If a higher upgrade has the same part I removed it. So far this is what I've come up with, having removed the parts replaced by a higher upgrade, but would love someone to confirm what I need. I still can't find a few plastic parts in the store and not being able to print them kind of puts me in a bad place. I'm happy they now have the options with the latest upgrade to have the plastic parts included. I wish they would have done that for the 2 that I already have. The names below come from the STL file name. I check the image on the website to confirm the part is the same as the name doesn't always match what they call it on the site.

MK2 to MK2S Plastic Parts:
  • Cable Holder (came with upgrade)
  • Y-Distance (can't find on the site)
MK2S to MK2.5 Plastic Parts:
  • Cable Holder
  • Extruder Idler Plug
  • Nozzle fan 45 degree
  • Nozzle fan
  • Heat bed cable cover
  • Rambo base (can't find on the site)
  • Rambo doors
  • Rambo extruder cable clip