paul.p13

Simplify3D profile? (plus, linear advance question)

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Does anyone have a S3D profile that gives good quality single extrusion prints for the MMU? I am very dependent on S3D custom supports because many of the things I print contain spheres which are tricky to print without adding a small basket of supports around them. None of the auto support generators do a good job with this. I've made some modifications to a post-processor called filaswitch https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/tree/cfgfiles to do work with the MMU and Simplify3D, however, I'm not really happy with the quality I'm getting from the only other MMU profile I found on this forum. It seems like I need more retraction as blobs appear in small extrusion runs but not the longer ones.
Photo-2018-01-12-14-51-52_0054.JPG
Photo-2018-01-12-14-51-52_0054.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 175 times
In a slightly related note, the above problem _should_ be taken care of with linear advance if it has been tuned.
Is anyone successful using linear advance with MMU? I have tried using the recommended K value of 200, but I don't feel that I really see any improvement in printing quality. When I slice with the latest Slic3r I find I have difficult getting the first layer down at 200, so I've tried using 30 early on (which is the filament default for whatever reason) and then boosting it.

Return to “Others (Archive)”