stahlfabrik
Topics answered: 1

Re: First layer issues? Look here!

Mar 08, 2018 1:07 pm

I already had contact with support. He said he brought my pull request to the attention of the developers. Still, I have not heard from the devs if I am right, or wrong - some kind of feedback would be HUGELY appreciated...

I think maybe there are other parts of the code that they have to check to see if there are any more bugs related to this. And of course the MK2, where I think the goal is to unite the firmware versions, uses that line of code IMHO too. Maybe for this machine the sign of the operation is valid? I really do not know.

But I really would like to receive some kind of feedback...

If you experience that my bug fix solves the problem for you: Please comment my pull request and please write an email to Prusa support!
Last edited by stahlfabrik on Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stahlfabrik

Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

michael.m72 wrote:
Mar 08, 2018 11:59 am

I did not try the G80/G81 commands yet. But I was wondering: during xyz calibration the PINDA searches not only in x/y direction but also the optimal z-height where it can detect the build plate targets. I assume this z sensing is equally affected by your patch, no?
Anyhow, maybe I just got a wrong impression during xyz calibration. The end result is an improved first layer consistency, so I'm happy with it ;-)

I do find it a bit suspicious that PR did not give a reaction on the bug patch yet. A simple "yes, you're right - the sign of the temperature correction was wrong" or "no, you made a mistake" would be appreciated.
with the G80, G81 you make a mesh bed leveling and print the results. So you can compare point by point.

A pinda with a temperature under 35C must be used for this analysis. Because the temp compensation kicks in above 35C and pushes the mesh level up or down (depending on the firmware patch you use;-))

A non broken pinda will show nearly identical values for each of the leveling points from one measurement to the next.

About the xyz calibration. I am not 100% if my bugfix comes into play there. Maybe in the last phase where steel sheet is put on the printer. I would not do a XYZ calibration with a PINDA that is warmer than 35C...

stahlfabrik

Mar 08, 2018 9:14 pm

I do not want to spoil the effect of two more Pull Requests (not for bug fixes but for calibration tools) and a longer posting, but my further experiments show proof to me that my bug fix works 100%. 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

Brigandier

Mar 08, 2018 9:19 pm

stahlfabrik wrote:
I do not want to spoil the effect of two more Pull Requests (not for bug fixes but for calibration tools) and a longer posting, but my further experiments show proof to me that my bug fix works 100%. 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

Made me look at Github, saw 3.1.3 RC1 just went up on Prusa Downloads page. The firmware links I posted just a few posts back have the exact same commits plus your fix (or your fix+LA). If anyone is interested in 3.1.3 RC1, those firmwares should offer the same thing. ;)
My MK3 Parts: [Bowden] [New Shoes] [TPU Micro Springs]

stahlfabrik

Mar 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Brigandier wrote:
stahlfabrik wrote:

Made me look at Github, saw 3.1.3 RC1 just went up on Prusa Downloads page. The firmware links I posted just a few posts back have the exact same commits plus your fix (or your fix+LA). If anyone is interested in 3.1.3 RC1, those firmwares should offer the same thing. ;)
Yeah I already rebased my Pull Request. Still my bug fix has not been acknowledged. But as I just hinted and I have figured out two tools (software wise) to do perfect temperature calibration. With this and my bug fix I was able to print PLA without touching Live Z with a PINDA temperature of 35 and of 55. This proves to me that my offset now compensates the PINDA physics instead of boosting the effect. Now is pay back time - I spend so many weeks of my free time on this. :mrgreen:

Brigandier

Mar 08, 2018 9:27 pm

stahlfabrik wrote:
Brigandier wrote:
stahlfabrik wrote:

Yeah I already rebased my Pull Request. Still my bug fix has not been acknowledged. But as I just hinted and I have figured out two tools (software wise) to do perfect temperature calibration. With this and my bug fix I was able to print PLA without touching Live Z with a PINDA temperature of 35 and of 55. This proves to me that my offset now compensates the PINDA physics instead of boosting the effect. Now is pay back time - I spend so many weeks of my free time on this. :mrgreen:

From all of us who are going to enjoy your hard work, Thank You.

stahlfabrik

Mar 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Brigandier wrote:
Mar 08, 2018 9:27 pm
stahlfabrik wrote:
Brigandier wrote:

From all of us who are going to enjoy your hard work, Thank You.
Thank you for helping me out to raise awareness! Awesome.

MK3BetaTester

Mar 08, 2018 11:45 pm

3.1.3 RC1 says it only for MK2.5 Do the MK3 and MK2.5 use the same firmware?

Brigandier

Mar 09, 2018 12:38 am

art.p wrote:
Mar 08, 2018 11:45 pm
3.1.3 RC1 says it only for MK2.5 Do the MK3 and MK2.5 use the same firmware?
Good catch. The MK3 branch is updated to 3.1.3 RC1 in the files, but they haven't posted it to the downloads page yet. I got confused as they have rearranged the download page columns and the MK3 download is on the far right instead of center now. :)

MK3BetaTester

Mar 09, 2018 12:46 am

Is the EINY04 variant for the MK3?

Return to “Assembly and first prints troubleshooting”