jonathon.b

Prusa Orange PET-G

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Can anyone confirm if this.... https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/filament/73 ... t-1kg.html is actually the same colour as what the MK3 is.

The online chat said to me it is (so I ordered some) but there seems to be mixed feelings about it. I've got a roll coming in the post but judging by the web shop picture it doesn't look as bright.

Cheers

tiago.c

Re: Prusa Orange PET-G

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

jonathon.b wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Can anyone confirm if this.... https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/filament/73 ... t-1kg.html is actually the same colour as what the MK3 is.

The online chat said to me it is (so I ordered some) but there seems to be mixed feelings about it. I've got a roll coming in the post but judging by the web shop picture it doesn't look as bright.

Cheers
Only if they replace the spools now, because before it's just a normal orange color (Not vivid orange), the true prusa color is like Lava Orange or Neo Orange color.
I have order tons of spools in search of a good match and it's really hard to get a perfect match. However i found some good candidates inside europe and accessible to me, like:

- PrimaSelect PLA Neo Orange (Use for non important parts) [Have transparency if printed thin height or walls, for example Vases]
- HDGlass Fluor Orange Stained (PETG - Good for print replacement parts and other stuff, can be used as a PLA replacement, but expensiver) [Have transparency if printed thin height or walls, for example Vases]
- Extrudr MF-PETG NEON orange (PETG - Good for print replacement parts and other stuff, can be used as a PLA replacement, but expensiver) [Solid]

For ABS i'm using FilaFarm ABS, not perfect match but very similar, much better than palid oranges that i have here...

I'm Printing the replacements parts with HDGlass, very strong and good, i can take pictures if you want to check.
To check the Primaselect neo orange PLA, please see here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2776269

PS: I can't find a single store that can provide that good orange color match in ABS, PLA and PETG... I have to order from different stores and different brands.
I'm Very happy with the HDGlass, it have a shinny look like glass. Extrudr MF-PETG NEON orange may be the most identical to prusa, it's a solid color so no glass effect.

As bonus both HDGlass and Extrudr PETG have big spools

jonathon.b

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm

That HDGlass is a very nice colour, Ill be a bit annoyed if the spool I got sent isn't a match when I asked for conformation before ordering, it would annoy me looking at the printer with a few odd coloured parts :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiago.c

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm

jonathon.b wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm
That HDGlass is a very nice colour, Ill be a bit annoyed if the spool I got sent isn't a match when I asked for conformation before ordering, it would annoy me looking at the printer with a few odd coloured parts :lol: :lol: :lol:
I understand that, i don't like a rainbow printer too...
When i ordered my MK3 i asked the same question as you, they said "No", they also told me the brand of PETG they use, but i read other comments on forum where someone order that prusa petg orange and ask to replace with the same color as the printer, not sure how that will make it but it seens a bit random...
I never understood why they don't stock up that color and sell to public, as almost every people have the same problem finding a good match and print in a different color is very annoying.
Black is easy and every brand have it, but that orange color is like special, rare to find... Much easier if they used the palid orange, but ugly

tiago.c

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Most of the orange fillaments out there (Normal Tangerine or orange without modification, bio):

Prusa Color (Clementine)

I Like both :D

jonathon.b

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm

What do you think of this? https://www.filament-pm.com/filament-1- ... e-1-kg/p51

It has the same spool as prusa's filament and I did read someone else had found this was the actual brand.

peter.h33

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

that's where prusa get there filament and you cannot buy that one its allways out of stock

tom.b6

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

If you're looking for PLA, this is a very good (almost perfect) match.
https://www.amazon.com/AIO-Robotics-AIO ... o+robotics

luke.t3

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm

well iv just gone onto the website and its got NEW pet-G prusa orange.

my guess this is the one

might be you need to be signed in to be able to buy it or something or maybe they just put it up.

stijn.d3

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm

I can confirm that the orange petg is not the correct one. I recieved my printer friday and had also ask several times for the correct filament and change at a point my order from abs to petg.
When you see the spool there is no direct.different but when i printed a extruder ideler(the old one was not in the box) i see a color diferent.
The original is more red then the one on the site. Maybe they print other temperature but i think it is not the filament. I make my printer for now and if you don't put it next to a original part you don' t see much different.

I can play with my mk3 now that's the most important:-)

Return to “Others (Archive)”