ben.t7
Posts: 52
Joined: Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

I had 2 emails from Prusa when it was shipped. The first one was the notice of it being generated and that had the tracking number and then the 2nd one was just it being shipped.

But my printer should be arriving some time today as long as UPS doesn't lose this package but there track record for my last few deliveries has me a little stressed out. They lost my last 3 packages that has gone through them and last time they didn't even make a attempt to track it down they just sort of ignored it.

billw
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 20, 2017 2:56 am
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 2:20 pm

I just received a link to a GPS tracking map of my delivery truck from UPS. :mrgreen:

sean.r7
Posts: 57
Joined: Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Topics answered: 1
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Did something happen at Prusa Research because shipping seems to have slowed to a crawl since last Friday the 9th and then there was the adjustment to the expected shipping dates table?

Maybe they ran out of orange filament :lol:

david.s86
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 5:53 pm

sean.r7 wrote:
Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm
Did something happen at Prusa Research because shipping seems to have slowed to a crawl since last Friday the 9th and then there was the adjustment to the expected shipping dates table?

Maybe they ran out of orange filament :lol:
Maybe they're reprinting all the printed parts, to update them to new ones? :)

sean.h8
Posts: 579
Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 6:11 pm

sean.r7 wrote:
Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm
Did something happen at Prusa Research because shipping seems to have slowed to a crawl since last Friday the 9th and then there was the adjustment to the expected shipping dates table?

Maybe they ran out of orange filament :lol:
I noticed this. Even with their revised numbers, if they keep up, I think they will be behind schedule again by tuesday.

Week 44, was supposed to start Jan 31.
Week 45 and 46, were supposed to start Feb 5. They started shipping
Week 47 was supposed to start Feb 8.
Week 48 *WAS* scheduled to start the 12th (until the 14th when it was changed to 15th)
Week 49 *WAS* supposed to start the 15th (this was changed on the 14th to the 19th, a 5 day delay)

Week 44 , was all but finished Jan 31. (a few shipped on Feb 1)
Week 45 and 46. Started almost 4 days early. Finished shipping on the 9th. 1 day late.
Week 47, started shipping on the 8th. This was technically on time... however I think most of the 8th was still dedicated to week 45/46. It finished on the 13th. around 4 days late.
Week 48 started shipping on the 13th 1 actual day late, was supposed be a 2-3 day "lot". Given it's 7PM over there, I'm guessing I'm not shipping today. I'm guessing week 48 will finish on Monday. (the 19th) putting it ending nearly a week behind schedule.

How in the world, do you go from being around 4 days early, to around 4 days late, in a matter of 2 weeks?!

At the start of last week, I was thinking I might get mine to ship on thursday or friday (last week), it was so far ahead.
Now rather than hoping it ships early, I'm just wondering how late it will ship. Even the revised schedule from the 14th, seems to already have proven wishful compared to actual current shipping rates!
Hi, I'm Sean. I used to work on CNC machines.
I try to not make mistakes, but the decision is YOURS.
Please feel free to donate to my filament/maintance fund.

david.t28
Posts: 403
Joined: Nov 18, 2017 2:15 am
Location: SOCAL
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Sean, I've been told by someone else and on a connection to the helpdesk that the online official scheduled date list sometimes is updated 2-3 weeks late so it's hard to go by it.

sean.h8
Posts: 579
Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 6:28 pm

david.t28 wrote:
Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm
Sean, I've been told by someone else and on a connection to the helpdesk that the online official scheduled date list sometimes is updated 2-3 weeks late so it's hard to go by it.
The apparent delay I'm refering to is the fact they were 3-4 days ahead, and within 14 days, 3-4 days behind.

They have an absolute volume of how many units on each week, and that won't change. They were actually shipping units faster than planned, until last week. Whatever math they use to figure out shipping schedule is likely something like this.

Total units for week / Units produced Daily = how many days needed to ship.

They were running ahead of schedule ~2 weeks ago. Not including revisions to dates, they are almost a week behind now. The only reason they would need to "revise" their shipping times, is if their production rate of units has dropped.

I would assume their production rate has dropped compared to plan, by around 50% in the past 2 weeks. However it appears they believe their production rate will go back to what it was any day. (like, starting next Monday, the shipping schedule is basically the same as before the Feb 14 revision, just delayed 4 days)

My guess is, either:
A) Something bad happend with new printed parts.
B) They expected to massively expand the size of their printer farm at the start of last week, and decided not to.
C) All of the above.

EDIT: I would assume the issue is related to their printer farm, becuase they are still shipping units every day. If they had a supply issue, they would not be shipping anything.

EDIT2: They started selling Prusa Orange PETG. It shows in stock, so I'm quite sure they didn't run out of filamnt!
https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/filament/21 ... t-1kg.html
Hi, I'm Sean. I used to work on CNC machines.
I try to not make mistakes, but the decision is YOURS.
Please feel free to donate to my filament/maintance fund.

sean.r7
Posts: 57
Joined: Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Topics answered: 1
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah, I was joking about the Orange filament!

Considering what I have read about the filament sensor I am hoping they decided to update the parts and that this sudden lull in shipping is them retooling.

I'm disappointed with the time to ship especially after reading some of the issues that users are having with their printers. I placed my order on the assumption that the MK3 would produce prints of at least the same quality as the MK2s if not better.

The other thing I'm concerned about is that linear advance still hasn't been switched back on. It's been a few weeks now and you would think that the issues with it would have been worked out. Worst case the printer just never runs as fast as Prusa was hoping to achieve I suppose.

Ultimately I would have no issue with the wait at all but I got charged up front so it sure does feel like I'm providing free financing to Joe's Company here while I sit and watch a spreadsheet with tracking dates on it waiting for a printer that may have issues out of the box... I still want the printer. Just don't want to be disappointed and I especially don't want to regret my decision to buy it.

Been staring at the Peopoly SLA printer for several days now wondering.

sean.h8
Posts: 579
Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 15, 2018 8:59 pm

sean.r7 wrote:
Feb 15, 2018 8:31 pm
Yeah, I was joking about the Orange filament!

Considering what I have read about the filament sensor I am hoping they decided to update the parts and that this sudden lull in shipping is them retooling.

I'm disappointed with the time to ship especially after reading some of the issues that users are having with their printers. I placed my order on the assumption that the MK3 would produce prints of at least the same quality as the MK2s if not better.

The other thing I'm concerned about is that linear advance still hasn't been switched back on. It's been a few weeks now and you would think that the issues with it would have been worked out. Worst case the printer just never runs as fast as Prusa was hoping to achieve I suppose.

Ultimately I would have no issue with the wait at all but I got charged up front so it sure does feel like I'm providing free financing to Joe's Company here while I sit and watch a spreadsheet with tracking dates on it waiting for a printer that may have issues out of the box... I still want the printer. Just don't want to be disappointed and I especially don't want to regret my decision to buy it.

Been staring at the Peopoly SLA printer for several days now wondering.
It sounds like the Filament sensor is making progress, but slowly. I'm personally thinking it might have issues with certain filament types/colors, due to it being optical.

Mk3 will eat a Mk2s for breakfast with LA on.

Speaking of LA, I think it's turned back on on the recent 'alpha' driver release. That may be wrong. But they are working on it. I would follow it MUCH closer... but... I don't have my Mk3 yet. :P

I actually agree. because we already paid, and given an estimated ship date, it... That came and went 2 weeks ago, and still not even shipped! SURE WOULD BE NICE to get something FREE. (eg, a sample of Prusament would shut me up quick!)

I'm not interested in SLA. I don't think it's a great idea. It has most of the same problems as FDM.
I want a SLS. Holy crap they are such a smart system (No supports needed). I can see SLS printing metal in a few years, at similar prices to SLA today. Yes, you would need means of fireing it... but imagine printing TRUE copper, brass, aluminium, etc.

EDIT: Looking like today could become Prusa's slowest shipping day for Mk3 since Launch.
Last edited by sean.h8 on Feb 16, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Sean. I used to work on CNC machines.
I try to not make mistakes, but the decision is YOURS.
Please feel free to donate to my filament/maintance fund.

alex.g9
Posts: 33
Joined: Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm
Contact: Send private message

Re: Ship Date Tracking Spreadsheet

Feb 16, 2018 2:22 am

They really should keep that shipping estimate page up to date within a couple of days of what it is instead of 2 weeks. Paying up front a decent sum of money (should of been a 50% now, 50% on shipped) to have little info given about issues and out of date shipping info, it starts to give the illustration of ya get it when ya get it and it get it how it comes. On the plus side though my week 50 order is bumped up a day earlier hahaha

Return to “General discussion, announcements and releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthur.g2, daniel.s110, kevin.s22 and 11 guests