So it seems I have found my source of frustration and failed prints: a not properly assembled hot end. During disassembly I registered that the heater block was quite easy to turn on the heat break. So somehow the heater block came loose. After disassembling everything, cleaning it as good as I could and reassembling it, making sure everything sits tight I seem to be back in business. I don't know how it came loose but maybe during the upgrade something wiggled around a bit and lead to this.manu wrote: ↑Oct 30, 2018 1:12 pmHi guys,
I'm as well at the point where printing with PLA is nearly impossible since upgrading to 2.5.
Here are the thing I already tried without success:
My last resort is now disassembling the hotend and give it a through cleaning as much as I can. If this fails as well I'm lost.
- Several cold pulls
- adjusting the idler screws to barely grab the filament
- switched to another role of filament
- replaced the noctua fan with the sunon 40x40mm fan which has way more static pressure
- Played around with the temperature (from 205 to 230°C)
- Reduced Retraction to 0.2mm
- Increased extruder motor current to 750mA
I appreciate any further ideas which may help us to get this solved.
Code: Select all
G91 ; relative coordinates G1 E-10 F300 ; retract 10mm slowly G1 Z1 F2000 ; optional z lift G4 P1000 ; sleep 1 second G1 Z-1 F2000 ; optional z lower G1 E10 ; prime 10mm G90 ; absolute coordinates M83 ; relative extruder coordinates
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest