nathanab98

Mk2.5 upgrade issues

Dec 24, 2018 6:59 pm

I have just upgraded my mk2s to the mk2.5 but am unable to complete either the self test or xyz calibration. It continually fails the selftest on the left hotend fan although l can get it to work if l go through the settings ->temperature->fan speed so l'm stumped on what could be wrong here.
And with the xyz calibration it detects the x and y endstops but when l run it to the top of the z and agree both are level it drops a little and says calibration failed and to check the axis. I've also upgraded to the mk2 mm if that makes a difference. If l can't get it to work seriously considering downgrading back to my mk2s which worked perfectly.

lee.o
Answers: 10

Re: Mk2.5 upgrade issues

Dec 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Dumb question, you did install the MK2.5 firmware, and made sure to install the correct version for your RAMBo board?

The changes are more than just skin deep, the printer won’t just know it’s a 2.5 without the new firmware.

nathanab98

Dec 26, 2018 12:47 pm

lee.o wrote: Dumb question, you did install the MK2.5 firmware, and made sure to install the correct version for your RAMBo board?

The changes are more than just skin deep, the printer won’t just know it’s a 2.5 without the new firmware.
I made sure it was the correct firmware but l'm not sure whether the 2.5 to the mk2.5mm would affect it. l might try just installing the 2.5 firmare alone without the new 2.0 mm and see if that works.

UPDATE
Have tried this but still having the same problems :/

john.s91

Dec 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Same problem ?? I get a fan error on my newly received Mk2.5S kit which was originally working fine. I was about to calibrate the nozzle height when I came to preheat the for PLA I got an error about a fan. So I re-ran the selftest.

The error say please check left hand hotend fan wiring error BUT this fan is powering up OK ???. It clearly stops the test before it tests the front cooling fan ??

nathanab98

Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm

john.s91 wrote: Same problem ?? I get a fan error on my newly received Mk2.5S kit which was originally working fine. I was about to calibrate the nozzle height when I came to preheat the for PLA I got an error about a fan. So I re-ran the selftest.

The error say please check left hand hotend fan wiring error BUT this fan is powering up OK ???. It clearly stops the test before it tests the front cooling fan ??
Prusa have told me it might be a faulty signal wire may be worth asking if they think you’ve got the same problem. I’ll tell you if this solves my problem when it arrives.

Return to “Assembly and first prints troubleshooting”