JeffJordan
Forum moderator
Forum moderator
Topics answered: 18

Re: life adjust Z - my way

May 10, 2018 6:32 am

luke.n2 wrote:
Apr 08, 2018 8:05 pm
So I backed up and tried -.910 and -.905; both seemed pretty damn good. But for some reason -.910 was smoothest, so I've stuck with that. But still has a few rough spots.
Does it sound okay?
yes, sounds ok for me.

if you still have a few rough spots, it might be a good idea to check the filament transport mechanism and/or calibrate your extrusion correct.

it's quite important to get a proper and steady extrusion to get perfect prints and surfaces.
a few weeks ago, I had problems getting a perfect surface and it turned out that the hobbed pulley (still got the brass version at my MK2) was worn out.
but some tolerances at the properties of the filament may cause issues as well (diameter, lack of homology at the material composition).
dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

joe.f8

May 18, 2018 9:30 pm

This helped greatly in getting things printing smoothly.

I however had no idea that the printer could make those noises so GG on giving me a minor heart attack when I had my back turned.

joe.r9

May 26, 2018 4:34 am

I got my Prusa MK 3 built and calibrated with no issues and trying to get it tuned now to produce as smooth prints as possible. I grabbed the most recent gcode and ran it through the printer without any z adjustments. Based on the results of the print is adjustment needed here?
Attachments
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 382 times

reid.b
Topics answered: 2

May 26, 2018 4:57 am

Your Z is not low enough. But worse than that.. you have some very odd pulsing going on there. Is your extruder gear tight on the motor? Are your idler tension screws adjusted correctly? Check for a partial nozzle clog. Something just isn't right there.

joe.r9

May 26, 2018 6:40 am

What about it shows that there is pulsing? Just trying to understand what to be looking for. The extruder gear should be tight and the tension on the filament into the extruder seems reasonable from when I fed it in and watching the filament feed in. It definitely could be related to the tension on the x axis. I made a mistake when assembling and put the gear on backwards originally which made the belt fit strange and rub up against the plastic. I didn't run the printer that way but definitely moved it back and forth. It looks like it may have warped the belt somewhat. I also had tension issues with the nylon filament that comes down the cable wrap which was causing the belt to catch. I removed that to make the axis move more smooth. Is that supposed to apply additional tension?
Attachments
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 377 times
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 377 times

peter.s45

May 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Used V6.1 for PET, but how should this work. Temperatures seem to be completely of. Set to 170 for the S3D versions

I found out, it are several stages of heating

michael.n21

Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

So I'm trying this method of z adjust - and the output is amazing, perfectly flat perfect first layer. Great.

I then decided to print a calibration cube, just to see how good it would be. I re-sliced it with PrusaControl, then Slic3r and Simplify3D.

None of the three prints first layer stick at all. Its like the printer needs re-calibrated all over again.

I notice the script moves the extruder up, turns it up to 170 degrees, then does the homing. Do i need to ensure my slicer is doing the same in the script? Is this why the Z Adjust isn't working ?

rob.w10

Jun 04, 2018 5:04 am

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody can tell me what's going on with this print. My measured skew is .05 degrees. Thanks!
skew.png
skew.png (726.25 KiB) Viewed 270 times

erin.b4

Jun 08, 2018 4:13 am

Trigger Warning: There are extremely loud beeps in this gcode in the middle to warn you of change and at the end. D: scared me to death

brenda.b2

Jun 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks for this excellent calibration procedure. I'm close, but I've got ripples in the center.
IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 160 times
In the top photo, I started at -600. Because of the ripples, I thought I was significantly off, so I decreased to -700 at the midpoint. That made it worse, so I dropped back to -620.

In the bottom photo, I started at -620 and decreased to -640 at the midpoint.

The leading and ending corners are smooth as a baby's bottom.

So... what's causing the ripples? How do I troubleshoot this?
I'm a total newb... but miles ahead of where I thought I would be at this point. So that's something.

Return to “Assembly and first prints troubleshooting”