neal.w2
Topics answered: 2

Re: life adjust Z - my way

Sep 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Just a note...the upper left side in the photo still has holes along the perimeter. Could be your Z is still too high.

Neal

perry.t

Sep 27, 2018 7:17 am

The soap worked! I washed the sheet and dialed in in closer and the result was bang on. Thanks for the help!

christian.b13
Topics answered: 1

Oct 05, 2018 9:04 pm

I used this method to get a a good first layer for the square... Then i tried to check the whole bed. I am getting a bit rough surface to the touch for the marked area.. the bed doesnt seems warped... i mea it is acceptable but still the plastic is more squishes here... any ideas ?
Attachments
IMG_20181005_230354.jpg
IMG_20181005_230354.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 116 times

JeffJordan
Forum moderator
Forum moderator
Topics answered: 18

Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm

nice to notice that my thread is still "alive" and helpful.
8-) :P :idea:

:geek: by the way: @christian.b13 nice powder-coated steel sheet. hope they'll be available soon as spare parts...
dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

andy.b15

Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm

christian.b13 wrote:
I used this method to get a a good first layer for the square... Then i tried to check the whole bed. I am getting a bit rough surface to the touch for the marked area.. the bed doesnt seems warped... i mea it is acceptable but still the plastic is more squishes here... any ideas ?
When you print this how long are you letting your bed heat up before starting the print. I had issues where some areas of the bed printed better than others and Prusa sent me a new bed and Y carriage but I saw the same issues. I found by letting the bed heat up for about 5 minutes before the print gave me a better (but no perfect) first layer across the bed. I still have random areas which are higher or lower with no explanation to determine why.

toaf
Topics answered: 2

Oct 08, 2018 10:00 pm

andy.b15 wrote:
Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm
christian.b13 wrote:
When you print this how long are you letting your bed heat up before starting the print. I had issues where some areas of the bed printed better than others and Prusa sent me a new bed and Y carriage but I saw the same issues. I found by letting the bed heat up for about 5 minutes before the print gave me a better (but no perfect) first layer across the bed. I still have random areas which are higher or lower with no explanation to determine why.
I believe you. preheating seems to be key.
thanks,
chris

Return to “Assembly and first prints troubleshooting”