neal.w2
Answers: 4

Who is jumping on this?

Sep 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Just wanted to know. After the release problems with the release and delivery of the MK3, MKs2.5 upgrade, MMUV1 upgrade (no we will just gut that and change to an entirely different system), and the MMUV2.0?

I want one and want one badly, but I'm going to wait until the dust settles.

That said the darn thing will probably get produced and delivered with out a hitch.

Neal

steve.g

Re: Who is jumping on this?

Sep 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Like I said in the other thread: had one in the basket and was ready to press checkout but in the end decided that the pre-order discount wasn't worth the wait. I really hope that this release will be different than all the previous ones, but I've been burnt too many times. Going to wait until it ships without too much delay.

dryja123
Answers: 1

Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

I've learned my lesson with my first Pursa printer, the MK3. I'll give it a year or so before I consider buying one.

hamza.b

Sep 24, 2018 3:28 pm

No doubts that its reliable, have community support, some benefits that other budget DLP printers doesnt have, but honestly... hype won't be as with MK3 because Peopoly Moai offers more for same price...

steven.p8

Sep 24, 2018 4:30 pm

I feel the same way. I really want the higher resolution, but want a bit more information from hobbyists.

More data would be helpful. How much is the operating cost? What resin options are available? How safe are the chemicals in a home or garage workshop? I will likely wait until they are shipping in reasonable volumes.

Steve

nikolai.r

Sep 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Nothing for me for three reason:
1. I don't print tiny model stuff or jewelry.
2. SLA with all the chemicals just stinks. You can't have it in your living room.
3. Limited resin types.

Beside of that I think it's a step in the right direction because SLA and FDM printer are going hand in hand.

Bigdogbro1

Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am

I'll wait until Prusa sets up a U.S.A. parts warehouse for its products before buying anything else from them.
MK3 Kit, Designed, built 4x4 CNC Plasma Cutting Table, Motorcycles

Bigdogbro's Adventures
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5djrxBeeOKB9_6rHnn6G8A

colin.a3

Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Too messy and you need other parts to make it even work.

manuel.r9

Sep 28, 2018 2:50 pm

I see people here comparing the Prusa SL1 with the Peopoly Moia. I think I can speak to that. The Peopoly Moai is kind of a tinkerer's 3D printer and unless you are buying one already assembled from MatterHackers is a hit or miss system. This 3D printer only has a single Laser SLA as supposed to MSLA technology. Leveling the Moia can be very difficult to say the least and to get it to print precise part is also very difficult at first. I am hoping that the Prusa SLA gather all the existing technologies that currently exists and improve upon them. I am more interested in 3D printing for dentistry. I really need a printer that is precise and has a wide range of open resins. Hopefully the Slicer is user friendly and easy to use. That is key to what we do in dentistry. Looking forward to a great start. We need a workflow that doesn’t take too long to post cure and finish the printed parts. If anybody at Prusa is willing to work with me I will be more than glad to help out.

neal.w2

Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm

I see people here comparing the Prusa SL1 with the Peopoly Moia. I think I can speak to that. The Peopoly Moai is kind of a tinkerer's 3D printer and unless you are buying one already assembled from MatterHackers is a hit or miss system. This 3D printer only has a single Laser SLA as supposed to MSLA technology. Leveling the Moia can be very difficult to say the least and to get it to print precise part is also very difficult at first. I am hoping that the Prusa SLA gather all the existing technologies that currently exists and improve upon them. I am more interested in 3D printing for dentistry. I really need a printer that is precise and has a wide range of open resins. Hopefully the Slicer is user friendly and easy to use. That is key to what we do in dentistry. Looking forward to a great start. We need a workflow that doesn’t take too long to post cure and finish the printed parts. If anybody at Prusa is willing to work with me I will be more than glad to help out.
In your case wouldn't it have to be a "medical" grade printer? Not to mention the quality of the resin.

Just wondering,

Neal

Return to “General discussion, announcements and releases”