jamie.g3

Color looks right in Slicer but prints wrong color in real time.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello,

THings look just fine in the Slicer preview. :D After I printed it however you can see the eyes did not print. :shock: Nor did any yellow end up on the tower.

Can anyone zero me in on this error and how I can resolve it?

Regards,
James
Attachments
20171113_080110.jpg
The eyes did not come in yellow as Slicer showed it should have.
20171113_080110.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 96 times
20171112_192213.jpg
Slicer shows the correct colors
20171112_192213.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 96 times

aaron.s5
Topics answered: 23

Re: Color looks right in Slicer but prints wrong color in real time.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Your yellow extruder jammed. The printer was trying, but it could not get the yellow to push out due to the jam (likely at the steel tubes in the multiplexer.) This happens when the tip of the filament is still gooey when it retracts and instead of staying clean, forms a small ball that cools and sticks at the bottom of the steel cooling tubes.

I went for a long time without any of this jamming, using the Hatchbox metallic colors (Silver, Copper, Brass, Gold) for Halloween props. I mean a lot of prints with zero jams.

I recently did a project with lighter, brighter colors ((still Hatchbox) yellow, red, orange) and was getting jams left and right, particularly on the yellow and red ones (independent of which extruder). I dropped my temperature 5 degrees, and low and behold, no jams again.

Hope this helps.
Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

If you solve your problem, please post the solution for others.

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK2 Multi Material”