jakub.d

Original Prusa i3 MK3 - bloody smart!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi guys,
Josef announced a new generation of our 3D printer, please welcome Original Prusa i3 MK3! We've developed and integrated sensors making the printer bloody smart. Running out of the filament, shifted layers, power loss or clogged hotend is no longer an issue. MK3 senses all these problems immediately and takes action ;)

Main new features:
- Filament sensor
- Power Panic
- RPM sensing fans and Noctua
- Ambient thermistor and P.I.N.D.A 2 with thermistor
- EINSY RAMBo motherboard
- Trinamic2130 drivers with layer shift detection, faster and silent printing
- New Y axis
- Bondtech extruder
- Magnetic MK52 Heatbed
- Powder coated PEI spring steel print sheet
- Ready for OctoPrint

All new features are described in a detail by Josef in this article on Prusaprinters.org
http://www.prusaprinters.org/original-p ... ody-smart/

Also check our YouTube video, explaining all new features:

Original Prusa i3 MK3 in action on TCT 2017! Josef Prusa and Thomas Sanladerer

New Einsy board explained Josef Prusa and Thomas Sanladerer

First look at Original Prusa i3 MK3 Josef Prusa and 3D Printing Nerd

Eshop links for MK3
Original Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer (assembled) http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/ ... inter.html
Original Prusa i3 MK3 kit http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/ ... 3-kit.html

george.b2
Topics answered: 1

Re: Original Prusa i3 MK3 - bloody smart!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Can we expect any progress reports? Or are we only going to find out when we receive a shipping notice?

neal.w2

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Give us an update now and they will probably have to change it a few times because of problems with suppliers. Bad batch of parts comes in and it can set back Prusa's manufacturing, shipping, and delivery dates by months. Then they will hear complaints of that. I pre-ordered one myself and would rather hear rock solid information than updates that have to be changed on a constant basis.

Give'em time and let them focus on production and other problems as much as possible. Once they get that done they can get the other problems worked out.

Neal

rotarypower101

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am

Personally I would love updates and a play by play of what's going on as it nears its ship date, whenever that might be.

I would love more details and specifics for questions that can be answered.

One question specifically that comes to mind, does the auxiliary port on the motherboard have the "Power Panic" pin to pass to the Pi Zero W? And is this output usable to support the power panic feature set while utilizing octoprint? Is there enough power for the pi to also run on a power cut, or will it require a UPS/backup power of its own to support that functionality? Will this require a special build of octoprint to support these extended feature sets assuming it can integrate seamlessly without extra accommodations. ?

Assuming I am understanding from what little information is avalible.

Being able to run the printer wirelessly without compromises would be such an amazing accomplishment IMO, and hope this is where they are taking it.

tomaz.z2

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am

rotarypower101 wrote: One question specifically that comes to mind, does the auxiliary port on the motherboard have the "Power Panic" pin to pass to the Pi Zero W? And is this output usable to support the power panic feature set while utilizing octoprint? Is there enough power for the pi to also run on a power cut, or will it require a UPS/backup power of its own to support that functionality? Will this require a special build of octoprint to support these extended feature sets assuming it can integrate seamlessly without extra accommodations. ?
don't use pi zero w, but know that rpi3 is pretty greedy with power consumption and this version of power panic can't power it to shut it down correctly, store the position etc, even if it would have functionality. rpi are even not meant to power off without proper "shut down" procedure (like you shouldn't your ordinary computer), unlike smart bards like rambo, arduino, ...

don't really understand what is so much fuzz about this function. didn't know that power cuts are so big of a problem nowadays ...

peter.b12

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Not in Australia then?! ref. Power outages.

alan.r3

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I ordered a Mk3 last week.
It would be nice to know how things are going -
"hope to start shipping in November" fair enough if it takes additional time - no probs.

A regular update will certainly make me happier, even if its something like "received a large batch of bearings - were'nt up to our standards so we had to return them.

:-)

alan.r3

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I ordered a Mk3 last week.
It would be nice to know how things are going -
"hope to start shipping in November" fair enough if it takes additional time - no probs.

A regular update will certainly make me happier, even if its something like "received a large batch of bearings - were'nt up to our standards so we had to return them.

:-)

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK3”