christopher.y

Re: Who Has Pre-Ordered A Mk 3 Then?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm

I do not understand this guys logic. They do not need to update the site to say anything other than "We expect to start shipping in November", because they are still on track to start shipping in November. Just not YOUR order. The first orders that came in will ship in November. Do people not understand how a queue works? You do not jump to the front of the line. Expect your order to come a month+ from November, as you ordered it a month after it was announced. If they updated the site to say they start shipping January, it would be wrong.

corey.d3

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm

And "we expect..." isn't a guarantee that they will ship in November. It means they hope they can ship in November.

stahlfabrik

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Yes and: a forecast that one can count on can also only be published by the time shipping has actually started (or when PR is 100% sure when shipping can start).

So relax everybody. I am quite confident that at least one MK3 will leave PR in November :D and I am also quite sure that it will be more than one. And more and more will follow. I do not expect a delivery forecast until shipping has started.

neil.k2

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Not entirely sure who that's aimed at christopher.y.

For one thing I ordered within 2 days of the release to pre order, I sure don't expect to jump any queue but lack if information leads to speculation, which is exactly where this topic is at now.

I'm pretty much behind Josef and what he is trying to achieve so I'm OK with things as they stand currently, I understand the needs for cash in a business, so I'm fine with the payment in advance too although if things drag on too long that view may change, I certainly won't put up with another MMU fiasco.

I personally am not expecting any communication yet, nor complaining, I was advised late November and was fine with that. When you take a customers money you acquire some obligations, the need to communicate is one of them, good communication costs nothing, bad communication can cost you a great deal.

Bavaria3d

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:51 pm

I just asked their life-chat support and that gentleman stated that the kit versions of the mk-3 will start shipping late November, which means that this years christmas tree will be the nerdiest one this house has seen :mrgreen:

kurt.s3

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm

I've ordered one and hope it will arrive before christmas :D

ben.c5

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 pm

A 16 page thread full of speculation and rumors costs them more than having someone update a few lines of html. Every potential customer that checks the forum first and sees this thread which is constantly at top of mk3 forum that does not purchase because if uncertainty is hundreds of dollars lost in profit. they need to have someone as a community manager and take care of issues like this. just because some old people "walked to school uphill in the snow both ways" in the past does not mean that it was necessary or a good idea, and it certainly is no badge of honor.

christian.b16

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Guess they read this thread... added: "New orders to be shipped in January 2018!"

christopher.y

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 pm

christian.b16 wrote: Guess they read this thread... added: "New orders to be shipped in January 2018!"
Weird. Some people stated this even before Prusa posted it; I wonder what kind of complex algorithm they used to figure it out.
Anyways, Prusa is listening! This clears up any confusion, great company.

paul.m27

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:33 am

Well, this reassures me a bit. The complete silence from Prusa on mk3 production was making me nervous that things were slipping. (I have no history with new Prusa products, but pessimism on schedule is usually justified for new high tech bleeding edge products).

The fact that "new orders are January" gives me some hope that my order (mid-day Saturday on announcement weekend) will be early December!

A few tweets with "No promises, but things are progressing as expected..." would make me a happier buyer as I wait, and I don't see much downside to Prusa being open about current status.

Return to “Original Prusa i3 MK3”