Xray965

Compiling on latest Arduino IDE

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 am

Quick question, are there any issues on compiling with the latest Arduino IDE or should one stick with 1.6.8 ?

Thank you
Prusa i3 MK2s - Kit Build - Rc Driver - Tweak freak...

waldemar.g
Topics answered: 1

Re: Compiling on latest Arduino IDE

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 am

Hi,

I use the newest version 1.8.5 with the Additional Board URL 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultim ... index.json' and searching in the Boards Manger for 'RAMBO'. Used in the past the Arduino IDE 1.6.8 with all the changes but don't need it anymore.

Before you open Arduino IDE you need to copy the right 'Configuration_prusa.h' file from the variants folder:
- 1_75mm_MK2-RAMBo13a-E3Dv6full.h for Prusa i3 MK2/s with miniRAMbo 1.3 controller
- 1_75mm_MK2-MultiMaterial-RAMBo13a-E3Dv6full.h for Prusa i3 MK2/s with MM upgrade and miniRAMbo 1.3 controller

When you compile the code and then export the compiled binary make sure that you use the 'Firmware.ino.with_bootloader.rambo.hex' file to upload via the Prusa firmware uploader.

stephen.l2

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Why do you need to upload the hex file with Prusa firmware updater while you can just upload the firemware directly with Arduino IDE? Any advantage of doing so?

waldemar.g
Topics answered: 1

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm

stephen.l2 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 pm
Why do you need to upload the hex file with Prusa firmware updater while you can just upload the firemware directly with Arduino IDE? Any advantage of doing so?
Hi Stephan,

I like to have different hex files for different stages of development. So i can see which version i uploaded or roll back if something odd happens.
Don't know if the direct upload has any disadvantages.

Under the motto: Whatever suits you and works is good.

Return to “Prusa i3 kit - Building, calibrating, first print, maintenance, ...”